Play In A Band • Perform On Stage • Build Rockstar Confidence
Kid and Teen Band Classes in Englewood/South Denver, Colorado.
Our Bands for kids and teens in a Nutshell
- Students are placed into groups of similar age and skill level
- Students create a unique set of music that reflects their individual personalities
- With the help of our expert band coaches, students learn and perfect their music through weekly rehearsals which are organized, productive, and FUN.
- Three times a year, the bands team up to play an EPIC concert at some of Denver’s most iconic venues such as Herman’s Hideaway.
What makes our bands BETTER than the competition?
Local and Unique
Created by founder and director Robby Schecter, Musical Life Denver offers the hands-down BEST band classes for kids and teens in the Denver area. Not just a typical school-of-rock-style corporate franchise, our locally-homegrown programs provide students a musically diverse and authentic performance experience.
Not just for head bangers, we expose and encourage our students to play a wide variety of music, from classic and current rock to hip-hop, indie, disco, blues, soul, oldies and everything in between. We put a premium on creativity so we have even played songs written by our students, as well as rearranging, remixing, improvising and embellishing
For The Students, By The Students
Our students LOVE our program because, unlike our competitors, THEY get to pick the music they play. This simple, yet powerful feature of our program allows the students to feel way more invested in the music, which showcases the unique personality of each of the group members.
Community and Leadership Focussed
We put a HEAVY emphasis on leadership and community. We ascribe to the old saying “it takes a village” and use the experience of our more skilled members to help foster the next generation of musicians.
Our students build both skills and confidence. Our inclusive and supportive culture teaches our students to welcome everyone, and the value of building up each other (even though there still exists a healthy amount of positive and friendly competition!)
Our students come first
See what parents have to say about watching their kids succeed in music
Our daughter loves her experience here. The owner and teachers are very passionate in their work, and it shows. We highly recommend Musical Life Denver.
Robert Fejeran - Google Review
My 6 year old daughter had a great time exploring music and meeting other kids in Kidzrock at Musical Life Denver....I appreciate the instructors and Robby at MLD and recommend their programs!
Mike Moore - Google Review
All-around positive experience with MLD. Not only did they make learning music fun, but the performances helped to build confidence in front of crowds. Teachers are talented themselves and share their love of music. I would highly recommend to anyone interested!!
Corie Good - Google Review
Winter/Spring 2023 Info (Jan – April)
Enrollment and Program Timeline:
- Students who enroll by Dec 24th (Christmas Eve) can nominate 2 songs to the voting pool. All song nominations are due that day.
- Voting forms will be published by Dec 30th, and all voting must be completed by Tuesday, January 2nd. If you do not vote, your songs will be assigned by the directors.
- Orientation (big meeting) – Saturday, January 6, at 10:00-11:00 am. Parents must be there for students 12 and under.
- Song assignments and set lists will be announced by Sunday, January 7th.
- Weekly Rehearsals start the week of January 14, 2023
- Dress Rehearsal, or the final rehearsal before the show will be the week of the 14th or 21st is Mandatory.
- Concert Dates – The weekend of April 19-21 or 26-28 (TBD)
Week Days/Times. Kids are grouped according to age AND skill levels
- Wednesdays from 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Level 100 Band: ages 7-11 (beginner)
- Tuesdays from 5:15 pm – 6:45 – Level 101 Band: ages 9-13 (ages 10 and under require skill evaluation)
- Tuesdays from 7:00 – 9:00 – Level 102 Band ages 11+ (ages 13 and under require skill evaluation)
Costs: $249/month and includes band + one lesson or 2 jam session sessions each month of the program. Students must schedule lessons with the office via email at the beginning of the month. Lessons are subject to availability and do not roll over to the next month.
Additional Cost: All students will be responsible for 6 tickets ($15 each – a total of $90) to either sell or give away to their friends.
Bundle: $349/month and $399/month respectively for band + weekly 30-minute/45-minute lessons + 4 jam sessions each month.